After speaking to Joris last week, I decided to change my approach a bit. Indeed, he suggested that instead of following statistics, I should look at the children’s drawings ans choose the ones that were the most relevant. I agree that this method is more efficient as it really highlights a clear depiction of a certain emotion instead of blending lots of interpretations into one.
These are the drawings that I chose.
I then made them into clearer shapes in illustrator.
Each shape is linked to a special feeling
Depending on how the child assemble the elements, different aspects of his current mood are revealed.
Using all of the informations I had on shape and colors, I have also started to build the final website. Here is what it looks like right now.